miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /  

Stop Moderated users being able to edit posts?

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 12 Jun 2024 18:16 
Hi Paul,

Is it possible to stop Moderated users from editing their posts?

We allow post editing for all users, as the user number is small.
But we have occasional spammers register, and then post a 'test' message that can initially appear ok.
I am usually wary of such posts, so keep the user moderated, but let the post through.

But, we have just had a scammer post an fairly innocuous message, and although I kept the user on Moderation, they were able to later edit their post...

I can't see an obvious setting to prevent this?

Steve

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 13 Jun 2024 19:57 
Steve Shaw:
I can't see an obvious setting to prevent this?
There is no such setting — Premoderation add-on (if you are about it) should do it by default.

However, here I'm about the most recent version of this add-on, not sure which one do you have. Perhaps you have to update your version, OR just the code from bb_plugins.code_1.txt — but obviously, it's better to update this add-on in total.

The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /
 Stop Moderated users being able to edit posts?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑